Originally posted on SNY Rangers Blog:
5:23AM: According to many reports, the NHL and NHLPA have reached a tentative agreement to end the NHL lockout.
Some of the details that have emerged are:
- 10-year CBA with an opt-out after EIGHT years
- Contracts limited to SEVEN YEARS to sign a new player, EIGHT to sign your own player.
- The salary cap will be $64.3 million in 2013-14. The floor will be $44 million.
- 5:55AM: Kypreos says that the contract variance is 35%
- 5:58AM: Elliotte Friedman says that the lowest paid season of any multi-year deal can be no lower than 50% of the highest season.
9:17AM: Johnston says that anything over $900,000 in the minor leagues will count against the salary cap. He adds “To be clear, one-way deals in AHL totalling the minimum salary plus $375,000 are exempt from cap. The NYR have a decision on Redden.”