The Islanders have signed forwards Nikolai Kulemin and Mikhail Grabovski to four-year contracts. (Arthur Staple)
- Kulemin gets $16.75 million over four years. His cap hit is $4.1875 million.
- Grabovski gets $20 million over four-years. His cap hit will be $5 million.
They were teammates in Toronto from 2008 to 2013. Islanders assistant Greg Cronin was with the Leafs for part of that time.
Grabovski, 30, scored 13 goals and 22 assists in 58 games last year for Washington with a cap hit of $3 million. He was bought out by Toronto last summer after signing a five-year deal worth $5.5 million.
- Grabovski has twice scored more than 50 points (2010-11 and 2011-12) and averages .59 points per game.
- He is 5-11, 183 and last season had 8 of his 35 points on the PP, averaged 15:45 per game and 1:26 on the PP.
Kulemin, 27, scored 9 goals and 20 assists in 70 games for Toronto last season and had a cap hit of $2.8 million.
- Kulemin scored 30 goals in 2010-11 but in the three seasons since has scored 7 goals, 7 goals and 9 goals and has not topped 30 points in any of those seasons.
- He is 6-1, 225 and last season had 153 hits, averaged 16:12 per game and saw 2:35 on the PK