In the linked PDF, you can view Ratner’s entire 15-page outline for a new vision of the Coliseum. And boy, do I mean new vision.
Here are the main bullet points of the presentation:
- Put an entirely new, modern looking facade (pictured above) on the Coliseum, with spaces inside “aesthetically consistent” with the new outside of the building.
- Seating capacity of approximately 13,000, with the lower bowl able to be configured for 4,000 to 8,000 guests for more intimate, theater style events.
- 15-month timeframe on construction with total cost of $89 million.
- Other development including: 2,000 seat theater, movie theater, 2,500 seat outdoor amphitheater, 50,000 sq ft retail space.
- Work with the Marriott to create a modern convention center.
- Total cost of project approximately $229 million.
- Estimated 50 concerts, 6 Islanders games, 1 Nets game, 38 minor league hockey games, and more for a total of 309 estimated events.
- Yes, minor league hockey. They plan to make it home to a professional minor league team, which would imply either an AHL or ECHL team.
- A monument dedicated to Nassau County’s veterans.
Yes folks, the Lighthouse Project didn’t work out but it looks like Bruce Ratner is taking his shot at a similar project.
Here’s another look at it:
And in case you forgot, here’s the Coliseum now: